8 Quick Tips to Manage Morning Sickness at Work
Pregnancy comes with many side effects and dealing with them gets especially troublesome when you’re at the office. They affect your work and productivity, leaving you fatigued by the end of the day. Morning sickness is common among mothers-to-be with nearly 80 percent of them suffering from it.
What is morning sickness?
Morning sickness is a result of increased hormones in your body, which causes nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
When does it occur?
Don’t let the name deceive you; morning sickness occurs at any time. It is mainly observed in the first trimester, between the 6th and 12th week of pregnancy.
Well, if you still haven’t revealed your pregnancy at work, it’s time for you do so with these ” fun pregnancy announcement ideas .
Why is morning sickness caused during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, the circulating estrogen level may increase a 100 fold. This is one of the reasons for nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Other factors include a decrease in blood sugar level and an increase in stomach acids.
How do I manage morning sickness at work?
These simple home remedies for nausea and vomiting will aid in managing the symptoms & help you ease out in office:
- Embrace bland and salty foods. Keep plain biscuits and crackers handy. Munching these snacks helps maintain your blood sugar level.
- Always stay hydrated. Keep a bottle of water at your desk ready and sip small quantities every now and then.
- Say no to caffeine. Ditch your daily dose of coffee.
- During pregnancy, your sense of smell is enhanced, which will serve to nauseate you. You may want to avoid strong food smells and consequently group lunches. Stay away from the microwave. Eat cold food.
- Carry foods rich in folic acid like spinach, cauliflower, avocado, and orange. Consult your doctor to determine the intake of folic acid during pregnancy.
- Dab a few drops of rosemary or peppermint oil on your handkerchief and sniff it to combat nausea.
- Stay away from flickering screens. Reduce eye strain by softening the brightness and enlarging the font.
- Avoid heat. Request for your desk to be positioned near the fan or A/C. Cover your head with a stole while travelling.
Try the above-mentioned remedies to combat nausea and vomiting and ensure a healthy pregnancy while you are working.
What are the other pregnancy symptoms that may affect my work?
Fatigue, lack of attention, cramps, backache, and swollen legs are some of the other pregnancy symptoms that you may have to endure.
With every passing week, your symptoms will change. Get ready to handle them all with our week by week expert tips on your journey to motherhood with Pampers India.