5 quick and easy yoga hairstyles
I hate it when the hair flows in front of my face when I practice certain yoga asanas. Ponytails don’t work for me! They are distracting and after the practice, I end up looking all flustered with my hair flowing all over. There had to be a solution. So did some work, asked and came up with a few hairstyles that are perfect for Yoga or for that matter, any other exercise. These can be done whether you are working out at home or going to a class. One tip that remains common to all these hairstyles is to pin up your front bangs to keep them off your forehead. These yoga hairstyles are super quick to do, barely take 5 minutes and can be mastered with just a little bit of practice. So go on, look stylish for your workouts;
pic credit: Ruchi Kapoor
- This one is for simple and basic Yoga exercises which do not involve extensive poses like headstands or handstands.
- For this yoga hairstyle, part your hair in two sections vertically.
- This needs to be done the way you divide your hair for a half pony tail.
- Tie the upper section in a messy bun with help of a hair tie.
- Let the rest of the hair fall freely.
- This is great for pranayama and sitting poses.
pic credit: Sunaina Sinha
- Braided hair is great when you are working out or doing Yoga in the humid season as the loose strands do not get all sweaty or irritate your neck and shoulders.
- This hairstyle requires you to make two braids by centre parting your hair.
- To make the hairstyle look prettier, you can twist up the front most section of your hair. Start twisting your strands from the centre parting till a point behind your ear.
- Use this twisted section of hair while braiding on each side.
- This hairstyle is great for asanas that involve twisting and bending as your hair stays neat and loose strands do not get on your eyes and shoulders.
Neat Freak: The halo braid
- The third hairstyle is a modification of the second one, rather a continuation of it.
- You need to pick the Right side braid and roll it over to the other side and secure it with pins.
- Now, fold the bottom most section of this braid and fold it back. Use more bobby pins to secure that section of hair.
- Repeat on the other side.This way, the hair will be off your shoulders completely.
Top knot bun
- The top knot looks beautiful and is really easy to make.
- Tie a high ponytail and secure it with the help of a hair tie. The neater, the better.
- Then, start twisting the length of your hair and roll it around the base of your pony tail.
- Secure the bun with the help of multiple bobby pins.You could also go for a sock bun.
Triple Braid Plaid
Start with well combed, detangled hair.
- Part the hair in the middle. Section off the front part depending on how thick or thin you want the side braids to be.
- On each side, further, divide the section into 3 and make a simple braid, while pulling the sections backwards slightly so the braids sit flat against the head.
- Secure with one or two pins. Repeat on the other side.
- Gather all the hair at the back and make a simple braid.
- Accessorize with flowers or ribbons.
1. The braid can be tied up into a bun as well
2. With the same style in the front, you can make 2 braids instead of 1.
3. Can try the front with a side parting instead of middle parting.
So, wonderful ladies, these were some pretty yoga hairstyles that you can try out while doing your yoga practice and look awesome and if you meet me nest and don’t see me in any of these(because, basically, I am lazy), don’t preach :). I did do the work for you!!