3 Tips To Know To Get Pregnant with PCOS
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is mainly the result of an imbalanced hormonal system wherein, your ovaries produce too much androgen. This has a negative effect on other reproductive hormones like luteinizing hormone and estrogen by disrupting their balance in the body.
This hormonal imbalance could be a hindrance making it difficult to get pregnant. However, you are not alone as this condition affects nearly 6-10 percent of young women and can be effectively managed through a healthy lifestyle and the right guidance from your gynaecologist. While I have been lucky to have conceived without these complications, I have seen some of my friends suffer due to PCOS. In fact, one of my friends tried everything under the sun but nothing worked for her and one day just like that she was pregnant. A few months earlier she had quit her stressful full-time job and just being relaxed and stress-free was the miracle she needed.
Getting pregnant with PCOS could be a challenge so here are few tips to combat your problems;
#1 Weight loss
- If you’re planning to conceive, one of the first things that your doctor may recommend is achieving a healthy body weight.
- It is a known fact that being overweight not only affects overall health but also your reproductive system.
- This is because your body becomes resistant to insulin because of the fat in the tissues.
- This, in turn, peaks the androgen levels in your body, thereby leading to a hormonal imbalance.
- So losing excess body weight could improve ovulation and your chances of getting pregnant.
- PCOS and pregnancy are strongly related to your diet as well and making the wrong dietary choices can easily affect your chances of conceiving.
- This means you cannot take the liberty of indulging that sweet tooth or devouring unprocessed junk food.
- Since your body is struggling because of its resistance to insulin, adopting a healthy diet that has a low glycemic index would be beneficial.
- This would help you stabilise your blood glucose levels while also helping you lose weight.
- Cut down on refined carbohydrates like sugar and white bread as these could spike your blood glucose levels.
- Experts have confirmed the benefits of a low glycemic index diet in improving regular ovulation.
- Include whole grains, fresh fruits, nuts and vegetables while at the same time staying away from items like cheese, milk, or sugar.
- The advantages of exercise are manifold and those with PCOS could as well benefit from it.
- Engaging in some form of exercise could help your body cope with its resistance to insulin and also regulate hormone levels in your body.
- If you’ve conceived, consult your doctor about the different forms of exercise you could try out to ensure your body is at its healthiest till you deliver the baby.
Even after conception, you need to pay close attention to your health since polycystic ovaries and pregnancy make you susceptible to develop conditions like preeclampsia, high blood pressure, or even gestational diabetes. Additionally, miscarriage is a risk that many pregnant women with PCOS face. Therefore, consult your doctor about your medication and diet if you are trying to conceive or are already pregnant. With these tips on how to get pregnant fast with PCOS, you can now move things back on track and get ready to welcome motherhood.
Get more women’s health tips, tips to overcome PMS and menstrual cramps and much more at www.rewardme.in