Evening snack time is always a big decision for me. Kids get hungry and milk is not enough to satiate them. Also, they go down to play and need energy. This is also the time when I get my hunger pangs and crave for something tasty. This means one more recipe/ decision on my head. I want something quick and healthy, whereas the kids are looking for junk and if I don’t have something ready quickly they get their way.
Here is a recipe I created and they are yummy moms! Do try!
Oats Poha Tikki
- 1 cup poha
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp haldi
- 1 boiled and mashed potato
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- finely chopped coriander
- 2 tsp sugar
How to make Healthy Oats Poha Tikki
- Wash the poha in a sieve and give it time to become soft and fluffy. Drain the excess water if any.
- Dry roast the 1/2 cup of masala Oats in a pan for 5 minutes, without getting it burnt. Keep aside. (You can also powder it and use, I like the coarse texture)
- In a bowl and add the poha, oats and all other ingredients.
- Now add all the spices and sugar
- Knead it and make small balls.
- Now apply oil to both sides and cook it on a pan by adding little oil on both sides till it becomes golden brown.
- You can also deep fry them. Slightly unhealthier version but perfect for rainy days. Serve hot.
This recipe makes it a perfect choice for my evening snacks. What do you do for your evening snacks?