“Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”— Mark Twain
I have always loved this quote by Mark Twain and have lived my life by this principle. I still vividly remember how we had paid in advance for our first home with bated breaths and gulps literally stuck in our throats.
Once we had paid the booking amount we headed to a hill station for our annual holiday. Instead of enjoying the vacation my hubby was busy creating excel sheets with home loan EMI calculators and working out the finances. We contemplated and procrastinated on our decision for long. I was pregnant at that time and when we finally decided to go ahead with it, we thought of it as an investment for our child’s future.
I am glad we made that decision for that house became a part of our identity. Our kids were born and raised in this house and many beautiful memories were created here. We made friends in the city and built a whole new life here.
Years later, today when I look back it, I am happy and grateful we took the plunge. I am not saying this without a reason and here is why I think buying a home is securing your child’s future:
- You Open Them To Opportunities – Buying a house in a good society also ensures that your child gets ready infrastructure and facilities like a swimming pool, badminton court etc. This opens have avenues in the extra-curricular domain for them and help them with a more rounded development.
- You Give Them A Secured Future– They don’t have to worry about paying EMIs or rent to stay in the city. For the rest of their lives, they have a place to call “home”.
- They learn to make long-term relationships-When staying in a society long-term with kids his age or close he gets an environment to make friends and develop his social skills and because you are here to stay, some of these kids will be friends for life.
- They Understand Belonging-When you have your own place you can design it your own way, creating spaces to suit your kids’ needs and also gives them a feeling of belonging.
And while it may look as a decision which was purely emotional at that moment, our house value appreciated many folds in the last few years. Yes, I know that some of you feel that property is not appreciating right now but while buying a home you have to look long-term gains and invest early in life. Another positive to look at is the fact that home loan rate is at an all-time low and you can get a loan at just 8.40%* from Indiabulls Home Loans, the home finance company. They are quick, easy, you can apply for Indiabulls home loan online with just a click. Other benefits include;
- Attractive Interest Rates – with concessional rate offers for women and eligible borrowers as per Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna guidelines under affordable section.
- There is no unnecessary delay in getting your housing loan.
- Easy Documentation and they even help you file all your paperwork.
- You have an option of Flexible Repayments options to choose from.
- Long/Short Tenure which you can decide according to your needs and requirements.
You are not only buying a home, you are building an asset, you are securing your child’s future.