Despite an extremely busy schedule, you manage to take some time out for yourself to workout it’s admirable in itself. But sometimes do you feel that regardless of putting in the hours and efforts, you’re still not getting the desired results? You seem to be stuck at a certain point. That’s because unknowingly you’re making some fitness mistakes that are keeping you from your fitness destination.
So as you can tell, today we’re going to share with you all some common fitness mistakes women make that often hinder their fitness journey.
Also before we get started, just know that Fitness is a Marathon and not a sprint.
Fitness mistakes women make
- Relying just on Cardio for weight loss– If the sole reason of you focusing on your fitness is losing weight, then the first thing you need to understand is that cardio alone can’t help you reach your desired weight. Cardio is undoubtedly an integral part of your fitness routine, but weight training is what will help burn more calories throughout the day. More importantly, only a wholesome routine including both cardio and strength training will help you lose weight and keep it off for a long time.
- Not focusing on the right nutrients pre and post workout– Most women don’t realize how important pre and post workout food is for them. To get the most out of the workout, your body needs the right nutrition. Simply eating less will not get you to your desired weight. For example, a few carbs and proteins taken before a workout will boost your workout session. Depending upon the goals of your fitness, you should choose the right foods to be taken pre and post workout.
- Thinking that Weight & Strength Training will make you bulk up– This is one of the biggest myths around women fitness. So let me break it down for you, since testosterone levels in women are lower than men, weight training will not make you develop bulky muscles. So if women wish to build heavy muscles, they require additional supplements. However, weight training without the supplements will not only help you keep the weight off for a longer period of time but also make you stronger. Strength training also helps boost your metabolism making you burn calories faster than usual.
- Repeating the same workout routine every day– If your workout routine consists of a good amount of cardio and strength training, you will burn calories very efficiently. However, after a period of time, your body will get used to that workout and the results will cease. So you constantly need to amp-up your workout routine making sure that it is challenging every single day. A workout is supposed to be a wholesome combination while being intense as well. Also, you need to be patient to start seeing some noticeable changes in your body.
- Tracking your fitness through your scale– One of the biggest mistakes women make is that they track their improvement by the weight they’ve lost. You shouldn’t get too obsessed with the number that you see on the scale. To overcome this mistake one of the easiest things you could do is take a progress picture and note down your body measurements. Also get your body fat percentage. This is because some women don’t lose weight but they lose their body fat in terms of inches. So don’t get disappointed if you don’t see the numbers go down on the scale. Read the article below to know more.
So ladies, if you are tracking your overall fitness and health, do keep in mind the tips above and happy working out!!
Liked it? Pin it!