Those who said beauty is only skin deep had a point. Not caring for your skin as per the existing seasons can cause your skin to be dull, dry or even parched. So what can you do apart from following the three rules (cleansing, toning and moisturising) of skin care regime?
Here are some DIY home remedies that we suggest:
1. Add 1/2 tsp of rose water to 1 tsp of honey and gently apply to the face. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes, and then wash off with tepid water. Honey moisturises and smooths the dry skin.
2. Make a puree of 1 banana and 1 papaya, peach or avocado. Apply to the skin; leave on for at least 20 minutes then rinse with warm water, followed by a moisturizer of natural margarine or natural vegetable oil.
3. Massaging your face regularly with almond oil or olive oil works wonders for dry skin.
4. Take 1/4 of an apple. Peel off the skin and grate. Cool in the refrigerator. Apply it on the skin and leave on for 15 to 20 mins, then wash off with cool water. It will nourish the skin and gives it pleasant hue.
6. Grate cucumber can be applied all over the face. The juice is good for the skin around the eyes too. Helps to tighten the skin and has a cooling and refreshing effect.
The best part of all the above packs are that they are DIYs and can be made with easily available fruits and vegetables at home. Also, anything that is natural can never harm the skin and soon you will ensure a natural and a healthy glow.
If you like the post, pin it!